Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recent Projects

Here are a few things I've worked on lately. I can't believe that one of my favorite quilts didn't get photographed! We'll fix that next week when I get to go to visit the little recipient (Henry).


Broken and Healed
(See 3 Nephi 9:13, 14, 20)


We'll start with the hanging I did for Stake Conference. Let's just say that Stake Conference came before it was totally done. But that probably means that it is done.



Here is a quilt I began in 1973. I think it would have been my first pieced design. I used leftover materials from a coat lining I had made for Amy (the pink flower--I had just enough to make 12 little squares), and my too-long kitchen curtains (white). I guess I splurged and bought the pink. It was to be Kristie's baby quilt, but the quilting never got finished. So when she was expecting this spring, I got it out to finish it for "her". But since it was a "him", it had to go to Emma, who hadn't received a hand-quilted one. I found a piece in my stash to bind it--it matched well enough, and didn't cost any extra. It's all a little rough, but to make up for that, I called it a Heritage Quilt. Seems like 36 years is old enough for heritage. One more thing out of my closet.


Here is Sam's baby quilt--the one that started the tradition back in 1998. I had found a little buffalo check fleece outfit for him, the little cowboy, and took the motif from that, and the fact that the mountains, I knew, would be his home. Those were the days before digital pictures, but I finally got one when I was last in Wyoming. Bad picture, but a fun quilt.



While I was taking pictutres there, I got one of this table mat I designed in the early 90's. I had made a pile of them for gifts, and had a few unfinished ones that I stashed away. And last year I found them and finished them for another round of gifts. This time I had daughters with their own homes, and they came close to matching! Unfortunately, last year, I inherited two of the sets from Garnet's and Pauline's estates. But now I have some, too!


No comments: